We hereby introduce one of EVALAN’s success stories on the creation of an Internet of Things (IoT) solution for Building Management.
“Our goal is to provide the right data to make Building Management more efficient”
With flexible working as the new normal and co-working spaces on the rise, the client needed an easy-to-install, accurate and scalable solution that provided them with insight into:
- People counting.
- Occupant behavior in buildings.
- Space utilization and occupancy.
- Distance sensing.
In addition, the customer needed to protect the identity and privacy of the people in the building.
The innovative IoT device SmartEagle measures and monitors workspace occupancy to make the search for a workplace short, easy, and efficient.
SmartEagle determines three states of occupancy:
- Sign of Life.
With Smart Eagle the Customer was able to:
- Optimize Facility Management and save costs.
- Obtain Data about Use Trends in Specific Rooms, Floors, or Areas.
- Reduce the amount of unused square meters and optimize internal processes (e.g., only disinfect rooms that were occupied that day).
- Take quick and purposeful actions in case of emergencies and evacuations.
All while the only information shared from the eagle-eye view of the room —via the cloud to a manager’s dashboard and employee’s application— is the occupancy metadata of the workspace. In short, the data is anonymized.
“SmartEagle is ideal for use in offices, co-working facilities, universities, libraries, healthcare institutions, and other public spaces”